Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Exhume Your Pine Cones

I read google news so that I may expose myself to a cross section of news stories from all around the world. This is what my news page looks like. It affords me a look into politics left and right from both sides. So where was I going again? Oh yeah! Communication! One thing I have started to realize in my now almost year of reading random news articles is that we just do not understand each other. Half the shit I read could not be considered news, and neither routers, or bbc world get exemption from this accusation. You need only read the same story from a few papers before the bias starts to shine on through each telling.

These is no ā€˜Iā€™ in stab but I am thinking of putting ā€˜Uā€™ in it.

There has been innumerable studies done that show no clear clinical link between marijuana use and long term memory damage, but one study comes out showing their might be a link between the two and every paper in America starts screaming about it. What they will neglect to tell you in most of these articles is that the tests were only done on a total of twenty-four people, this includes the people who did not smoke. The doctors who carried out the tests said in their report that it was impossible for them to determine if the affects shown were caused by the subjects marijuana use or any other number of factors. So despite a massive body of information showing evidence to the contrary every one is piling on the bandwagon. On the basis of one flawed test trial.

You do not need to tell me that intelligence is the best anti drug. I know the people who you would associate with my beloved past time. I know the reasons you think we are all monsters, and maybe some of us are, but the shotgun approach is never a pretty one.

This is not a problem that is purely focused on the right left or centre. All are guilty here. The right wing papers write for the right wing and the left for the left. They throw stereotypes around as fact, claiming the most horrendous untruths about the other side. They make fun of each other, belittling the other for their beliefs. Throwing stones just makes you look like a cave man.

James, call the Daly Burger - 284 4944

My dad asked me the other day if I would like a job as a day trader. He would not ask if he could not some how have made it happen. I told him no. He said some people make a lot of money doing it, and I told him the money was the problem. He tried to change my mind for almost five of our seven minute long conversation. I have had to swallow some rather bitter pills when it comes to employment. Reforesting devastation, only to be raped again. Pumping oppression for 98.9 a litre.

But I have to draw the line some where.

Fuck the white world.

_ S _ _ _
U E H E N
_ A _ _ _
_ N _ _ _

And we will take a day of rest if we will all be heaven blessed.