Saturday, August 12, 2006

Millennium

There are people still standing by, waiting for the computers, who have been standing by since I arrived. The difference between us it seems is I know how to book time on the computer, where they just hope one will become free... It is a rather awkward situation, when you just show up and are able to log onto the computer that they had been trying to gain access to for the last five minutes.

I tried to explain to the fellow that I had a booking, and that it would not allow him to access the internet without my library card, but he spoke rather poor English and in the end I think I just made him angry. I do not recall a time that I have not cut past a long line of onlookers oblivious to the ebb of this place, but low it is not my place to educate these people.

It seems that one window of internet explorer can crash on these computers with out bring down, er ahh... all the windows. Why do they not run fire fox, have they not yet heard the word? Tabbed Browsing! It can be done!

Now, I am all about being a weirdo, but the fellow to the left of me is wearing a single woman's earring. What makes it a woman's earring, I am not wholly sure how to define it, but let us just say that it is dangly, about two inches long and has many tiny blue stones being held together by gold metaly wire on one of those ear ring hooks. He only has one, which makes it look as if he is trying to be conservative in with his in your face ish ness.

Bah!

Sean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home