Thursday, April 10, 2008

tenet Guilt

This is a well over a week ago now, but i bet he put three and four together. Also despite his stance I bet he felt bad about it. Even as the thinly coated vegetables slipped off the plate i bet there was a sliver of regret. It was a mistake. The new waiter made a mistake. One mistake. he order a stir fry that was meant for no one. It was a mistake. I took it downstairs as is the ritual, for an admission of guilt, this was a mistake.

The question then is of its fate. I asked if i could fix the situation, it was not after all my mistake. Rebuffed. "No, it is the principal of the situation." Even with the reinforcement of another fryer I could not save the fated. Principals. to Plastic. Not even composted. After two years I can no longer keep silent.

Sometimes we bring them beer, if it has been a rough night, or if the King gives his nod. I have also been known to play waiter to the morlock retuning diet coke in exchange for them not snarling at me, but insted... around me? It is a prison mentality in the lower level.

So the ruse. I had thought of this, before tonight but it had never really come up in any kind of meaningful way. And now every one was here! And thoes of you who know me, know i still relish an audiance, when i have my lines memorized. Enter stage right, turn facing down stage, step step step, eh, Suzy you want a coke?

Ofcourse

"Errrr, I am sorry." One heel, pivot pose, turn pour. "it is the principal of the matter." the glass empties into the sink. He says he does not understand. I told him, Yeah. I do not understand principals either.

For the rest of the night every subdeweller would not even look at me. And I smiled. Smiled and slowly walked back and forth across the stage.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ITER was originally an acronym for International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor, but that title was dropped due to the negative popular connotation of "thermonuclear," especially when in conjunction with "experimental".

11:19 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home