Thursday, February 15, 2007

Send Stamps

I fell down the stairs. I managed to save myself, lose it, save myself again, lose it again, only to then end twisting my ankle. it hurts more than i expected it to. i kept working for a while, then came home. i had no drugs to speak of, so i tried to buy $2.28 worth of cannabis from my room mate. He just smoked me down. We used my latest creation, a four piece sherlock. The way it ended up you can put water in it, and it works. it has no stem, so i am thinking of calling it a stemless bumbler, or a bubbling sherlock... either way. When i get my camera i will take pictures to show you better with. I have been going around to the head shops for ideas. I do not know if the people who make pipes for winnipeg are just lazy, or if there is just a general lack of creativity within the pipe making world. I have a feeling there are a lot of lost souls out there doing nothing but production work. which is why i will have my own store. So i will not be making the same nine pipes for the next twenty years. i have met the fellows who do it. and they are lame.rs. I have also met Marble Slinger. Ha-ha James, where's your gtt?

damn my ankles. why are you so weak!

i cannot tell if the swelling has gone up or down... which makes me believe it has largely remained the same, which gives me hope of a quick recovery. only one side is swollen. both side hurt.

a war of ideologies. I use, perhaps a bowl a plate a fork a spoon a pot and sometimes a glass, when i forget mine in my room, and yet even this would be an inordinately busy day for me in the kitchen. Most often i have to wash these items in order to use them, and i have always made sure to wash them when i am finished. This had been my way of avoiding dish duty. It had gone on unquestioned until just the other day. two of my room mates informed me that it was my turn to do the dishes. i disagreed with them, citing that my theory on dish management was far superior. they did not counter my arguments, so much as they told me again that it was my turn to do the dishs. seeing that any counter point i would make would be met with this same reaction i decided to let it be. it is still my turn to do the dishs. I have since gone out to buy the few dishs i was missing from my own collection, and have started using my own utensils exclusively. it would not be so bad if they did not manage to use every available surface to eat off of, or if they would rinse it afterwards. fuck who am i kidding, i would still not do their dishes. Ofcourse relenting on my beliefs even once on this matter would result in more pressure to repeat the process, so as an alternative and a preemptive measure i cleaned the bathroom again, so as to take the ground from under any of their further protests.

i do not even mind doing the dishs. warm water, and clean hands.

It is cold in my room for the first time since i have moved in. I have been listening to Kimya Dawson, Regina Spektor, Little Wings, Iron and Wine, Metric, Cat Power, Feist, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Apples in Stereo, Smog, Animal Collective with CocoRosie, and ofcourse Joanna Newsom. I had to order the vinyl for Joannas new album from England. seems they only did a limited run and they already sold out across America. ebay had none, the label had none, their distributors had none. Amazon.co.uk had five. I hope it arrives soon. I do not have any of Animal Collectives work... just this joint venture of theirs with CocoRosie, and the crazy i am hearing is not really what i have come to expect from CocoRosie. Their kind of crazy is not really evident in the work, so i am interested to see what Animal Collective is like without two harpies playing with a Flintstone phone in the back ground. you can make music with a Flintstone phone and still be brilliant.

Right now i am going to play some video games.

Uehen me

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Uehen said...

Adding labels is stupid. Last time i do that...

5:25 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home