Monday, January 22, 2007

The Trouble With

It is rarely fun to be forced into waiting for anything. I sit and i think of all the more productive things i could have been doing. I think of all the things i will do once the waiting is over, when finally it happens. The delivery guy brings me more o2.

Oh joyous i think gleefully, my new tanks are here! I spring into action, unlock the door, allow the man in when... wait! no! there is a problem! Only one tank has been delivered! I have ordered and been charged for two but have only one tank now to show for it! they have fucked up my order once again!

this all on top of a history of incorrect delivery dates, wrong tanks being delivered, the delivery of tank not filled completely. It is not as if i am getting this all at discount from some bargain basement o2 supplier, this is a huge global cooperation, the cornerstone of their business model is delivering over priced tanks of gas to people.

I am looking for another supplier, but have no yellow pages and the Internet is being no help. Every time i deal with these people i get one step closer to snapping and just spending the five grand on a o2 purifier. It would save me money over the next five years...

Long term solutions to short term annoyances. After it all, i am hardly in the mood to be doing anything productive. It sure would be nice to never have to wait for the delivery guy again. Even though he is a good guy, and very understanding of my annoyance.

i saved a post as a draft a while ago, and it is now a little dated.

I could have gotten a Wii and a dozen games.

I could have gotten most of a new computer.

Instead i got five pair of tweezers ranging five to seven inches in size, bead release, blow hose kit, corks, PBI Gloves, scoring knife, holding fingers, twelve millimeter tube (one case), six millimeter tube (half case), Glass Alchemy colour rod sample pack and a North Star Glass colour rod sample pack.

i ended up getting a whole new computer as well.

Tweezers are my favorite of my new toys. Having a range of tweezers is more important than you could imagine when it comes to moving hot glass around. They have allowed me to expand my creative possibilities far beyond pendants. So now i feel that i need more of them. And Jacks. And Shears. then perhaps a Puffer. This is too cool not to get. This will place me within stabbing distance of having everything i need. Before i start buying multiple of the more useful tools... i will just need a glass lathe, an o2 generator, and perhaps a bigger torch.

These last three are more down the road kind of ideas.

Enough!

Sean

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look how great I am, I don't even need specialty books or a padded mat to help me affect positive change in my life.

9:17 p.m.

 
Blogger Uehen said...

I wrote I haiku, thought you might like it,

no oral for you!
have to wait a few more days,
no way i'm doing that!

8:16 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home