Sunday, November 05, 2006

Not Just Their Leader, He Is Also One Of Them.

I was sorting through the pile in my room when I came across my fathers old laptop. It is a 166mhz with no USB ports, and no Ethernet connection so it is basically a POS. It does however have a word processing program on it, (and a bunch of my home work from grade twelve,) but I soon found myself writing a post of almost a page in length. Little good will it do you though, with nothing but a floppy drive to get anything off of it. I have no 3.5's and am not likely to go out of my way to get one.

On the other hand, I did just spend the last three hours making marbles. I managed to break the tip of my reamer off inside one, turn one into dust, and combine two to become one. I also managed to take one that snapped clean in half and put it back together. They are all sitting in the kiln cooling down now.

At least I think that is what they are doing. The kiln only has three buttons on it, so the user interface is a little confusing. I am pretty sure I told it to cool down, but I guess I will find out in a few more minutes.

At some point between A, B, and C my tweezers went missing. This made me sad, because as much as I want to touch the white hot glass it is not something I can do. And you would be surprised how often you need something like tweezers for say, picking a glowing ball of glass from the floor, or pulling on something to make it connect to something else. They do the things your fingers cannot do lest you enjoy third degree burns.

My understanding of the way glass works is already starting to expand, which is good. I am wasting much glass in the process, which is bad. But also inevitable. The more I play with it the more ideas I get about what I want to do when I have some talent, which is a ways away yet. But one day... One day...

Ugh. Too many dayquils.

I need to go home and sleep.

Sean

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home