Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Up in Smoke

Now I have been thinking about addiction a lot lately. Working in a drive through cigarette store makes you really understand the sheer number of smokers that there are out there. It is baffling to me, but I have vices of my own, so...

What is the difference?

Love, I would argue. Addiction is love, or perhaps love causes addiction. The feelings I have felt in the longing for a loved one is not so different from the feeling I have right now in my patent expectation, waiting the live long day for that first bong blast.

Many of my customers are so busy unwrapping their package of cigarettes that they do not realize that I am trying to give them their change. I have been home for about fourty minutes so far, and while my tea is steeping I have done nothing to satisfy my desire to get high. The time between desire and reaching out to grab it.

You see I love marijuana, so I make it a part of my life. It was on a fate filled Canada day that I first meet Mary Jane. In the woods by Diefenbaker, I kissed her lightly, and she hugged my mind all night as we sat on a blanket and watched the fireworks. It was beautiful. So we started to see each other on weekends, at parties. I think she was the reason I became social, going to out just to see her again. It was not until the summer after high school that we really got serious through, and I started seeing her every day. Since then my life and hers have been pretty tightly interwoven, from buying and selling to Bobs and my pursuit of glass. She has been with me every step of the way. I would be lost without her relaxed perspective. Through the good times and the bad, she has always been there and never let me down. She is celebration, and reason to celebrate. She is my first true love.

So here is to you,

the leaves you grew,

the flowers that bloom,

and a never ending love.

My Mary Jane.

Uehen/Sean

Pot will get you through times of no money,
better than money will get you through times of no pot.

- The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home